Thursday 6 October 2011

Emotional Quotions/Intelligence (EQ) - How to manage your emotions (well, for me it's STRESS!)

I often have this ‘depression’. It’s normal isn’t it? Everybody has it. But to what extent does that make us require medication? Probably it depends on the cause. How major/minor the cause is. Oh well, for whatever the cause, the best cure is – GO SEE A DOCTOR!! Haha...

Ok, so I can’t share the cause of mine here though, that’s not important. The issue here is, I’ve always wondered how on earth does a person “switch on and off” her depression while she’s dealing with her daily life.

I know some people who can do that. She keeps it inside her and let it fade away by itself, which I don’t think is good, as you will makan hati, isn’t it? I believe in letting it out, be it to a close friend, or to the person you are feeling depressed with himself/herself. But then again, I wonder if by doing that could do any damage to your relationship/friendship. You know, the other person might not be able to accept whatever reason you are depressed about with him/her.

I’ve tried some ways to get over this depression whenever I get it. I’ve tried reading, sewing, watching TV (most of the time), sleep (sleep is not a good way to forget your problems though), but to no avail. Solat yes, that is effective. But sometimes dalam solat pun boleh menangis and dah jadi tak khusyuk. Sigh....... how lah? Hehe...

On top of it all, I had in fact attended a course on how to manage your emotions - an Emotional Intelligence (EQ) course. Yes, no doubt I could put that to good use, but sometimes your emotions just get over everything else inside you and don’t let you think anymore.

I still wish that I had that “switch on/off” skill in me hehehe. You know, just forget everything else and get on with your life to the fullest. After all, life is too short to worry about unnecessary things. Back to basics, banyak berzikir and berdoa kepada Allah s.w.t. Dia saja tempat kita mengadu. Dia yang memahami, maha penyayang dan maha pengampun. And to always believe that everything happens for a reason, and that there’s a blessing in disguise. Ada hikmah di sebalik segalanya... if that’s the right way to put it.

If you are depressed about a situation, then the way to deal with it is fairly different than the way to deal with a depression to a person. So remember! If you are actually depressed with a person, just don’t be a fool and dwell on it too long coz you must know that THAT person prolly doesn’t even bother or care about your feelings, or for all you know he/she prolly doesn’t even care or know if you exist altogether!! So why must you sadden yourself about that person? Let it go and move on.... (I’m speaking for myself too here..... hmmm).

So good luck to us all in handling stress and depression :-). .. Have faith, yes?! Wallahualam. Take care lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment