Wednesday 5 October 2011

Cik Tipah Putih

I’ve never been an ardent fan of gadgets.  BUT... eversince I came to know about the Blackberry, I’ve been so in love with (and addicted to) it 24/7 that some people get tired of looking at me sticking my face to it all the time.  Be it when I’m watching TV, reading, or even eating at the dining table.  The phone is always by my side (or more like in my hand). There’s always something for me to look out for in the device – surfing the net, BBM-ing, tweeting, googling, etc etc.

I’m still not a fan of iPhones though.  I find it ridiculous to talk on an iPhone with its screen touching on my cheeks! I have high cheekbones, if u should know (literally not proud of it!), hence my cheek keeps touching the phone screen while I’m talking and the functions/modes keep changing while I’m on it, which I find it too irritating for me.  Thus, no iPhones for me.  Well at least not for now.  God knows if I would change my mind later with all of the new technologies coming in.

But now............. with the iPad around, I find it too irresistible to not own it.  Obviously I do not have to ‘talk’ on the iPad like I do on the iPhone.  So the cheek-touching-the-screen-while-talking problem does not apply.

So I started ‘saving’ up to buy an iPad 2.  I wanted it so much that I dreamt of it twice in my sleep.  I even gave it a nickname so that people wouldn’t know and think that I’m too crazy about “AN IPAD”... Kesian kan!  The nickname is Tipah (kahkah!)  And as much as I’m longing for a WHITE version of it, I had resorted to giving a more precise nickname to it which is – Cik Tipah Putih........ hahahaha.. gila tak? Sometimes I call it Baby Tipah, coz I knew I would love it like a BABYYYYYY!

Eventually, on 1 October 2011 at 7:30pm, my Cik Tipah Putih was ‘born’!! I was so excited that I felt I should take a photo of it right away.  But please lah, don’t be so jakun okay!  The only photo I snapped was this one below..............
This was when the SA was cleaning up my baby to stick the screen protector on (Of course! Sayang takut the screen scratch ok!!).


After much excitement of having owned it now, and to actually hold it in my two hands (hahaha still jakun!), I went home.  Upon reaching home, I asked my daughter (No. 1) to help me install the iTunes.  My son (No.2) was even more anxious to put his hands on it for Angry Birds, to be exact.  So I told them, fine, download the Angry Birds.  So No. 1 helped out No. 2 to do the downloading.  I told my No. 2 “Please, please, pleeeeeease handle it with care ya, slide your finger on it SMOOTHLY.  I don’t want you to scratch it all over the place.”  And he replied, “Ooooo kalau anak u ada scratch ‘all over the place’ u tak kisah pulak yaaaaaa!”  Dang!!! Terkedu kejap la mak dia ni! Kekeke.....

Okay, now all was done.  Angry Birds was downloaded.  Only one game so far.  But that’s fine.  The other ones can wait. So now it’s MY turn to menggodeh!

Well, takda lah menggodeh sangat pun, I only bookmarked some of my favourite webpages and links.  Apa lah sangat pun, only online newspapers, gossip columns (ehem..), etc.  Okay what for a start.... kan??? Heheh........ Me good girl!

So now, my Baby Tipah is my NEW TOY and is always in my handbag wherever I go, which is what making my handbag even HEAVIER than it has ALWAYS been.  Macam ada batu..... Sigh.... (All the more reason for me to mengecek insan-insan yang mengasihaniku for a NEW BIGGER handbag!! Kehkehkeh!) .  Just sayin...... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment