Friday 7 October 2011

Babies.. Babies.. Babies.... *love*

Being a mom is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I’m sure any other mom would feel and say the same too.  I have 4 children of my own.  Each one has a unique character that never fails to amuse me every single day, and needless to say a character that tests any mom’s patience and sanity to the brim as well.  That’s what makes a mom’s life ‘colorful’.... ha!  Without them, the world seems like an empty space.  Yeah, right... a me-time would be the top of my list if you were to ask what I want now!! Hehehe......  It’s different for first time moms who would love to spend every single second with her new baby.  Tengoklah esok bila dah anak 2-3....... hmmm kalau boleh nak tinggalkan semua kat umah, mummy nak pi jalan2 shopping sorang!!!!! :D

Ok, ok... itu mummy yg teruk and pemalas like me lah.  For other moms I’m not sure, but I think SAMA JE LA kutttt jangan tipuuuuuu! Kakakaka! 

Ok, so I was saying... As much as I love being a mom, I too love to hear news of friends having new babies.  Just by hearing the news makes me all teary.  Jiwang tak?

Nangis tu baru sikit je.  Dulu when I was breastfeeding, you know breastfeeding moms have this ‘milk letdown reflex’ when the mom hears her baby cry or even other babies cry for that matter, as the message goes up to her brain to alert her that the baby is crying thus it is feeding time.. or yadayadayada (something like that).  So, I would have THAT reflex every time I hear someone gives birth.  My milk would flow out... yes, betul tak tipu!! And my bra would get all wet as a result! Hahaha... Howz that?! You can imagine how many pairs of bra pads I had with me at home AND in my handbag.  Coz you never know when the letdown reflex would occur.

I once had to run home from the office just to change my shirt because of wet bra, mind you!  Well, that was once upon a time.  I do miss breastfeeding.  It’s such a lovely mother-child bond.  I’m sure any of you who has had that experience would agree with me. Okay lah.. enough of my 'grandma breastfeeding stories'.. Friends who have heard me telling these stories over and over again sure dah penat, bosan and menyampah! Hahahaha...

Ok, coming back to my point, I actually nak cerita yang my Despatch Boy kat office ni just got twins yesterday.  I’m very very very happy for him (but too bad now dah takda milk letdown reflex to wet my bra okayyy! Kahkahkah!), but pity him jugak coz he’s a sole breadwinner of his family. And his first child is only 9 months old! Still needs so much attention, doesn’t understand what ‘beralah dengan adik’ is all about, etc etc.  And worse still, I was told that he had to take up a bank loan just to buy baby stuff for his coming newborns.

So recently, when I came to know that his wife was expecting twins and was going to deliver anytime soon, I gave him a box of baby gift that consists of clothes, shoes and a little toy.  It was unused and untouched before, still brand new, which I kept since the birth of my No. 4 (which was in 2009).  On top of that, I gave him a little amount of cash as sedekah and hadiah as well lah kan.  So ok, after having done that, I felt I had done my part as a colleague and a friend.

Yesterday, after receiving the news of the delivery of his newborns, I sent him an SMS to congratulate him and his wife.  But, what amazed me was.. after typing my sms, I choked and tears rolled down my cheeks. Apo ko bondo gilo!!!  My SMS tu message biasa je – Salam, Saiful.  Tahniah awak dah selamat dapat twins. Alhamdulillah murah rezeki tu. Semoga isteri dan anak2 sihat.  And he replied – Terima kasih banyak Puan.

THAT’S ALL! But why did I cry? Hmmmm... maybe coz sedih mengenangkan the difficulties he will have to bear after this.  Kesian.  Even more kesian if you really know this boy personally, very kind and helpful.

But rest assured, anak tu rezeki. So Allah akan bagi rezeki kat anak tu InshaAllah.  Betul tak? Well I’m not an expert pasal benda2 Ilmiah ni, but that’s basic, isn’t it?

So to Saiful my Despatch, I wish him and his wife all the best and I’m sure the addition(s) to the family will bring them joy, happiness and rezeki in whatever way Allah permits, InshaAllah. Amin.

3 comments:

  1. For A 4 day old blog, I am suprised that you have a lot to say in a short period.... :) Love all of your Entry. Some in awe inspiring. Hope to see more entry soon..... Keep it up cause I will be an avid follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dora, It's me Fauziah Mohd Taha ler. Heheheeee.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Halooooo dahlink!!!!! Glad ur following my blog. Thanks for your support. I'll follow yours too. So sejak bila nih??? Tak sangka ekk sejak2 kita dah nak masuk 4 series ni, rajin plak nak tulis. Almaklum.. dah takda sapa nak melayan citer kita, so layanlah sendiri kat blog wall (serupa cakap dgn tembok jugaklah kakakaka!).

    ReplyDelete