Monday 8 December 2014

Office Teambuilding and Annual Dinner at The Andaman, Langkawi (28 to 30 November 2014)... Love!


Assalamualaikum w.b.t.

Finally I am back! I've been contemplating as to whether I should continue this blog or just shut it down because I haven't been able to find much time to write. But here I am.. "you don't find time, but you MAKE time" so they say.

I'm back because I'm feeling really, really excited to share our Teambuilding cum Annual Dinner stories here.  Because we all had so much fun, I even get teary eyed every time I look at the event pictures! Drama much??

Ok, well recently my office just organised a Teambuilding trip in Langkawi. It was a 3D2N event where we also had our Annual Dinner there - at the beach! It was obviously my first time attending a dinner hosted by an organisation where I work, at the beach. All of us were excited about it and we anticipated that it would be such a fun interesting night. Indeed it was, hence this brand new post (after yonks!)!!! :D

No surprise, the theme of the dinner was of course Tropical Beach Night.

All of us do know the importance of being passionate in what you do vs where you work.  Obviously, I'm loving this organisation which I have joined since July 2014. Syukur Alhamdulillah, in this sense, I am blessed. It is my only hope to continue my service in this company with this exact same management style of wisely blending work and pleasure, if not better. Mudah-mudahan ada rezeki.

So as a start, our Teambuilding went very, very well, except that we didn't get the opportunity to have our outdoor activities at the beach on the second day due to the rain between 2pm and 5pm. So we had it indoor, which I felt was equally interesting sans the outdoor excitement playing with sand and water.

The night on the second day was the much awaited dinner.  Honestly i didn't know what to wear and i ended up donning a simple white blouse and a pair of tropical printed pants. I accessorised the whole outfit with a beach hat and a beach bag. We girls were wishing if only we were males, who apparently turned up with Bermuda shorts and flipflops aside the beach hats!! Cool innit? Still complies with the tropical beach theme :D Whatever it was, the catch was "Syariah Compliant". So everyone must be dressed in Syariah Compliance. No bare-back-parios and such.

I must add here that I did the make-up for my hotel roommate, Azie.  Weeee! :P .. And she loved it. And everybody else did too.  They were pestering me to make them up, but unfortunately I didn't have much time to do for all of them.  Even Azie's make-up was unplanned *excuses excuses* :P

BUT... I only did the eyes, ok! Haha. Not the whole face. I don't know how to do the face contouring and stuff.. so make up mata je jadilaa...

Okay, okay... while we're at this make-up thing, I must tell you that we had some unexpected guests while I was making up my own face!! Monkeyssss y'alls!!! Not one, not two... but THREE!! Yes, they came into our room through the sliding door! Okay, memang bodoh masa tu coz we left the sliding door open coz konon-konon nak dengar bunyi waves!!!!!!!!! Kan dah monyet masuk!!! LOLLLL!!! They came and stole our food. Azie had some Famous Amos cookies on the dresser, they took 'em all! And they managed to open the mini bar and feasted on some chocolates!!! Craaaaazy! Pandai ekk! Because they're used to it.. used to entering guests' rooms and steel food ahahahaha!

We were still in our towels after our baths, mind you hahaha! I was doing my make up on the bed. Azie was getting dressed. Then suddenly one came in, followed by the other two. I jumped on the bed and crawled to Azie bahahahahaha! If only it was on camera, sure pecah perut kalau playback! Azie even recited Ayat Kursi hahahahaaaa! I cannot tahan laughing while writing this, even! Gilos! Memang totally Hari Ini Dalam Sejarah monyet masuk bilik 2 orang wanita hampir separuh abad tengah berkemban!!!!!! And I was too afraid to scream as I was worried they might jump on us!! LOLOLLLLLL!!!!!

Yes they have sooo many monkeys at The Andaman. When Azie tried to call the security to report the "intrude", she got snapped by the Receptionist asking her why did we leave the door open as it was well known that monkeys there were everywhere! We were somewhat pissed off at the Receptionist's remark coz we felt, hey helloooo settle kan problem monyet ni dulu boleh tak and stop putting the blame on us. Lepas ni you all nak marah kitorang marah lah, but settle these monyets first NOW!

Okay, then the security came and the rest was history for the monkeys lah.. They ran off and we shut the sliding door :/

Here's a picture of one of them monkeys we managed to snap from inside. Sempat! 

Helooooo there Azie and Dora! - dia kata :D


Well then the clock struck 7PM. It was time for our Tropical Beach Night dinner partayy by the beach!

Here are some pictures. I still smile to myself out of joy and excitement when seeing these pictures. We had so much fun and laughter. Some even give me that sensitive touchy feeling of love being around them all, feels like family.

Okay, that's my beach hat and bag ;)) Picture taken pre-trip.



That's Azie and I... sorry there's no close up picture here to show her eyes that I made up huhu.. ;P


Prem, Sidki, Mazuki, Rus and I


Azie, Farha and I

 
Azie, Sarala, Dr Eddy and I




That's Nadia, Azie and I together with one of our international interns. He's from Tashkent, Uzbekistan. His name is Bakhodir Nurmukhamadov 


Okay, the ones below are pictures of us checking in at KLIA2, and our arrival in Langkawi, also of us in the shuttle traveling from LGK airport to The Andaman. The fun had already begun from that point onwards. Much love.


KLIA2




KLIA2


Arrived at LGK Airport


Us girls in the shuttle. There was another shuttle behind us with the other girls.  The males were in a different shuttle headed straight to the mosque for Friday prayer.


And again :))


We arrived at The Andaman. Awesome place, seriously!

The pool.

Again, the pool.

This is the view from our hotel room. Awesomeness with the sounds of the sea waves... until much later when the monkeys came visiting hahhaha...



These below were taken on the first day of the Teambuilding programme (sorry I didn't go in sequence from the first day to second and so forth, coz am too excited to write about the dinner first, then followed by the pictures of us on the first day :P)

So this was leisure time for us.. so apa lagi, pergi beach ramai-ramai sampai Maghrib!! Then rushed back to our rooms to freshen up for dinner and the late-night Teambuilding session. The night of the next day (2nd day) was the Tropical Beach Night dinner party.


We didn't take the cushion down as it was wet due to the rain.

Fefeeling jap...

You see me selfie, I see you selfie :D

Lovin the sunset. SubhanAllah.


Candid!! Washing the sand off my feet before returning to the hotel. Photo credit to my loyal roommate, Azie :)



Our teambuilding session officially ended.

-The End-







No comments:

Post a Comment